Chatham Football Club
Flag Football Program
(All Dates and Times Tentative for 2019 Season)
All sessions to be held on the turf at Shunpike Field
- The 2019 season will start on Saturday Sept 14th - November 23rd (10 weeks)
- Teams will play two games a week (Mondays or Thursday) and Saturdays
- Times 630-745pm on weekdays and 9-1145 on Saturdays.
- The Junior Varisty (3rd graders) play at 9-1015am on Saturdays and on Thursdays at 630.
- The Varsity plays at 10:30-1145 on Saturdays and Mondays at 630, witht the below exceptions:
- Two Varsity teams will play their game each week on Thursday (each team will play on one Thursday)
- Two teams will play their game on 9am on Saturday (each team will play one earlier game a season)
- One team will have a bye each weekday and Saturday
Who: Open to 3 (Junior Varsity) & 4-5 graders (Varsity)
When: 10 Week program starting September 9
Where: All sessions take place on turf at Shunpike field
Cost: $75 per child
Mission Statement: To safely teach the basic skills of football in a fun environment emphasizing sportsmanship, self-esteem, and healthy competition.
Our goals: Have fun, exhibit great sportsmanship, be great teammates, hustle and never give up.
Skill Development: The Chatham High School coaching staff has put together a developmental skill program geared towards younger kids that will create the building blocks for fundamentally sound Chatham football players. Many of the drills, warm up, formations, and terminology are the same that all Chatham football players use from 3rd grade – 12th grade use. The two weeknight practices will be used primarily for skills and drills associated with all football positions. The games on Saturday will emphasize fun and allow all players to play all positions.
Volunteer Coaches: Anyone interested in coaching should contact Matt Baum at email@example.com. The HS coaching staff will be holding a coach the coaches session and if interested can attend other football coaching clinics as well.
Team Formation: First Saturday session will be a player evaluation. This evaluation will be used to split the teams as evenly as possible.
Equipment: Only equipment needed is a mouthpiece. Cleats are strongly recommended.
please contact Chatham Football Club at firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.